§ 5409. Daily Limits
(a) A retailer shall not sell more than the following amounts to a single adult-use cannabis
customer in a single day:
(1) 28.5 grams of non-concentrated cannabis.
(2) 8 grams of concentrated cannabis as defined in Business and Professions Code section 26001,
including concentrated cannabis contained in cannabis products.
(3) 6 immature cannabis plants.
(b) A retailer shall not sell more than the following amounts to a single medicinal cannabis
patient, or to a patient’s primary caregiver purchasing medicinal cannabis on behalf of the
patient, in a single day:
(1) 8 ounces of medicinal cannabis as defined in section 11362.77 of the Health and Safety Code.
(2) 12 immature cannabis plants.
(c) If a valid physician’s recommendation contains a different amount than the limits listed in
this section, the medicinal cannabis customer may purchase an amount of medicinal cannabis
consistent with the patient’s needs as recommended by a physician