Updated List of Pesticides Allowed for Use in Marijuana Production
The Washington State Department of Agriculture (WSDA) has recently updated the list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production in Washington State, based on criteria previously established by WSDA.
The WSDA has added 12 pesticides to the list of allowable products. Pesticides containing two new active ingredients (Cinnamaldehyde, Gliocladium catenulatum Strain J1446) were added to the list. Most of the pesticides that were added to the list contain active ingredients that were already allowed for use in marijuana production.
Some pesticides are labeled for application to soil or to crop plants, while some pesticides are labeled for application to both soil and crop plants (e.g., insecticides, fungicides). Other pesticides include herbicides labeled for direct application to, and control of, unwanted plants (i.e., weeds). Remember to read, understand, and comply with all applicable label directions and precautions when using any pesticide.
- AZERA PRO, EPA Reg. No. 1021-1872
- DEADZONE, EPA Reg. No. 73729-1
- DESECT AG DIATOMACEOUS EARTH INSECTICIDE, EPA Reg. No. 7655-1
- PRESTOP WG, EPA Reg. No. 64137-13
- PVENT, EPA Reg. No. 64137-13-70299
- SEICAN, EPA Reg. No. 91473-2
- SLUGGO MAXX, EPA Reg. No. 67702-55
- CINNERATE, WA Reg. No. 998200-14001
- ELEMONATEM, WA Reg. No. 999860-16001
- HEDGE NATURAL DEFENSE PLANT PROTECTANT, WA Reg. No. 997420-18001
- PROCIDIC2, WA Reg. No. 999550-16002
- PURELY GREEN BIO-PESTICIDE SUPER CONCENTRATE, WA Reg. No. 84289-18001
You can find the complete list of pesticides that are allowed for use in marijuana production, the criteria WSDA used to establish the list, and information regarding statewide stop-sale orders in Washington on the WSDA web site.
For information regarding the registration of pesticides and fertilizers, please contact the WSDA Pesticide and Fertilizer Registration Section.
- Phone: 360-902-2025
- Email for pesticide registration: email@example.com
- Email for fertilizer registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
For information regarding how to comply with the pesticide label, please contact the WSDA Pesticide Compliance Program.
- Phone: 360-902-2040
- Email: email@example.com
For any other questions, please contact your Liquor and Cannabis Board enforcement officer.