As taxpayers with filing extensions submit their returns this summer and fall, some of them may have questions about their refunds. These taxpayers can use the Let Us Help You page to find answers to those questions. This page has links to information and resources that will let them know when to:
- Expect their refund
- Check the status of their refund
Here are some other links users will find on the Let Us Help You page about refunds:
- This tool allows taxpayers to track their money and find out when they will get it.
- Some taxpayers may receive less money in their refund than they expected. This links to a page that helps taxpayers understand why this happened.
- When this happens, the taxpayer will need to return the money. This link takes the user to a page that explains how to do this.
- This link has information to help taxpayers trace their lost refund.
- This page has Q&As that cover a wide range of topics related to federal tax refunds.