§ 5601. Temporary Cannabis Event License
(a) A temporary cannabis event license authorizes a licensed cannabis event organizer to hold a temporary cannabis event where the onsite sale and consumption of cannabis goods is authorized at the location indicated on the license during the dates indicated on the license.
(b) A temporary cannabis event license shall only be issued to a person who holds a cannabis event organizer license issued by the Bureau.
(c) Violations of the requirements applicable to temporary cannabis events may result in disciplinary action against the cannabis event organizer license or any other licenses held by a licensee participating in the temporary cannabis event and responsible for the violation under Business and Professions Code section 26070.5.
(d) A temporary cannabis event license shall only be issued for a single day or up to 4 consecutive days. No temporary cannabis event license will be issued for more than 4 days.
(e) An application for a temporary cannabis event license shall be submitted to the Bureau no less than 60 days before the first day of the temporary cannabis event.
(f) A temporary cannabis event may only be held on the grounds of a county fair or district agricultural association. Temporary cannabis events are not required to take place on the same dates as the county fairs or district agricultural association events at these locations.
(g) A temporary cannabis event license shall not be issued for a premises that is licensed for the sale of alcohol or tobacco.
(h) An application for a temporary cannabis event license shall include the following:
(1) The name of the applicant. For applicants who are individuals, the applicant shall provide both the first and last name of the individual. For applicants who are business entities, the applicant shall provide the legal business name of the applicant.
(2) The license number for each state cannabis license held by the applicant.
(3) The address of the location where the temporary cannabis event will be held.
(4) The name of the temporary cannabis event.
(5) A diagram of the physical layout of the temporary cannabis event. The diagram shall clearly indicate where the temporary cannabis event will be taking place on the location grounds, all cannabis consumption areas, all retail areas where cannabis goods will be sold, and the specific location of each cannabis licensee who will be participating in the event. The diagram shall not contain highlighting and the markings on the diagram shall be in black-and-white print.
(6) The dates for which the temporary cannabis event license is being sought. A temporary event license is required for any date in which the applicant engages in onsite cannabis sales or allows onsite cannabis consumption.
(7) Contact information for the applicant’s designated primary contact person regarding the temporary event license, including the name, title, address, phone number, and email address of the individual.
(8) Written approval from the local jurisdiction authorizing the applicant to engage in onsite cannabis sales to, and onsite consumption by, persons 21 years of age or older at the temporary cannabis event.
(9) A list of all licensees that will be providing onsite sales of cannabis goods at the temporary cannabis event.
(10) Attestation to the following statement: Under penalty of perjury, I hereby declare that the information contained within and submitted with the application is complete, true, and accurate. I understand that a misrepresentation of fact is cause for rejection of this application, denial of the license, or revocation of a license issued.
(i) If the list of licensees participating in the temporary cannabis event changes after the application is submitted or after the license is issued, the applicant shall submit an updated list and an updated diagram, as required in subsection (f)(5) of this section, to the Bureau no less than 72 hours before the event. Licensees not on the list submitted to the Bureau shall not
participate in the temporary cannabis event.-
(j) The event organizer shall hire or contract for security personnel to provide security services at the licensed temporary cannabis event. All security personnel hired or contracted for by the licensee shall be at least 21 years of age, licensed by the Bureau of Security and Investigative Services, and comply with Chapters 11.4 and 11.5 of Division 3 of the Business and Professions Code. Security personnel shall be present on the premises at all times cannabis goods are available for sale and/or cannabis consumption is allowed on the premises.
(k) A cannabis event organizer shall maintain a clearly legible sign, not less than 7” x 11” in size reading, “No Persons Under 21 Allowed” at or near each public entrance to any area where the sale or consumption of cannabis goods is allowed. The lettering of the sign shall be no less than 1 inch in height.
(l) All cannabis waste generated at a temporary cannabis event shall be collected and disposed of in accordance with the requirements of sections 5054 and 5055 of this division. The cannabis event organizer may contract or arrange for the collection and disposal of cannabis waste generated during the temporary cannabis event.
(m) A cannabis event organizer and all other licensees participating in a temporary cannabis event are required to comply with section 5037 of this division and all other applicable requirements in the Act and this division pertaining to record keeping.
Authority: Section 26013, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 26200, Business
and Professions Code.