Bureau of Cannabis Control Emergency Regulations CODE OF REGULATIONS TITLE 16 DIVISION
§ 5036. Notification of Theft, Loss, and Criminal Activity
(a) A licensee shall notify the Bureau and local law enforcement within 24 hours of discovery of
any of the following situations:
(1) The licensee discovers a significant discrepancy, as defined in section 5034 of this division,
in its inventory.
(2) The licensee discovers diversion, theft, loss, or any other criminal activity pertaining to the
operations of the licensee.
(3) The licensee discovers diversion, theft, loss, or any other criminal activity by an agent or
employee of the licensee pertaining to the operations of the licensee.
(4) The licensee discovers loss or unauthorized alteration of records related to cannabis goods,
customers, or the licensee’s employees or agents.
(5) The licensee discovers any other breach of security.
(b) The notification to the Bureau pursuant to subsection (a) of this section shall be in writing
and include the date and time of occurrence of the theft, loss, or criminal activity, the name of
the local law enforcement agency that was notified, and a description of the incident including,
where applicable, the item(s) that were taken or lost.
Authority: Section 26013, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 26070, Business
and Professions Code.