Bureau of Cannabis Control Emergency Regulations CODE OF REGULATIONS TITLE 16 DIVISION
§ 5029. Transition to Regulated Commercial Cannabis Market
(a) Beginning January 1, 2018, licensees shall not transport or sell any edible cannabis product
that exceeds 10 milligrams of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) per serving.
(b) Notwithstanding any other regulation in this division, beginning January 1, 2018, and before
July 1, 2018, licensees may do all of the following:
(1) Cannabis goods that are not in child-resistant packaging may be sold if they are placed into
child-resistant packaging by the retailer at the time of sale.
(2) Non-edible cannabis products that do not meet the THC limits per package specified by the
State Department of Public Health in regulation may be transported and sold.
(3) A distributor may transport and an M-designated retailer may sell medicinal edible cannabis
products that contain 10 milligrams of THC or less per serving regardless of the THC amount in
(4) Cannabis goods that do not meet the labeling requirements prescribed by the Act or the State
Department of Public Health in regulation may be transported and sold if a sticker with the
applicable warning statement under Business and Professions Code section 26120, subdivision
(c)(1)(A) or (c)(1)(B), is affixed to the cannabis goods prior to sale by the retailer.
(5) Cannabis goods held in inventory at the time of licensure that have not undergone laboratory
testing may be transported and sold if a label stating that the cannabis goods have not been tested
as required under Business and Professions Code section 26070(l) is affixed to each package
containing the cannabis goods prior to sale by the retailer.
(6) Dried flower held in inventory by a retailer at the time of licensure that is not packaged may
be packaged by the retailer into individual packages for sale.
(7) Cannabis products held in inventory by a retailer that do not meet the requirements set by the
State Department of Public Health, pursuant to Business and Professions Code sections 26130
and 26131, for ingredients or appearance may be sold by the retailer.