Bureau of Cannabis Control Emergency Regulations CODE OF REGULATIONS TITLE 16 DIVISION
§ 5027. Physical Modification of Premises
(a) A licensee shall not, without the prior written approval of the Bureau, make a physical
change, alteration, or modification of the licensed premises that materially or substantially alters
the licensed premises or the use of the licensed premises from the premises diagram originally
filed with the license application. A licensee whose premises is to be materially or substantially
changed, modified, or altered is responsible for filing a request for premises modification with
(b) Material or substantial changes, alterations, or modifications requiring approval include, but
are not limited to:
(1) The removal, creation, or relocation of a common entryway, doorway, passage, or a means of
public entry or exit, when such common entryway, doorway, or passage alters or changes
limited-access areas within the licensed premises;
(2) The removal, creation, or relocation of a wall or barrier; or
(3) Changing the activities conducted in or the use of an area identified in the last premises
diagram provided to the Bureau.
(c) A licensee shall request approval of a physical change, alteration, or modification in writing,
and the request shall include:
(1) A new premises diagram that conforms to requirements in section 5006 of this division; and
(2) A fee pursuant to section 5014 of this division.
(d) A licensee shall provide additional documentation requested by the Bureau to evaluate the
licensee’s request to modify the premises.
Authority: Section 26013, Business and Professions Code. Reference: Section 26055, Business
and Professions Code